STAR Assurances is the leader of the Tunisian Insurance market as a provider of motor and health insurance services in the market. The company was founded in 1958 and covers today 13% of the market share. With a working force of 691 employees, they provide multibranche insurance and reinsurance for life and non-life benefits. Through cooperation with 16 branches, 155 agents, and 19 brokers, they service the market. In 2008 Groupama was introduced into STAR’s capital as a strategic partner. In 2012 STAR’s obtained the conformity certification to the MSI 20000 standard from the Institut de la Bourse de Paris.
- Market lead in Tunisia, notably in group medical plans (25% market share within total of 16 insurance companies on the market)
- Experienced team that manages the largest accounts in Tunisia (with 2,000 employees and more) as well as small & medium-sized companies)
- Proximity: STAR is present on the whole Tunisian territory through its branches and agencies (as the only insurer in Tunisia).
- Very competitive rates (the law of large numbers)
- Financial strength: the solvency margin is four times the regulatory margin.
- Technological Advancements: Star Insurance utilizes advanced technology platforms and digital solutions to enhance its service delivery, making it easier for customers to interact, access information, and manage their policies.