The Insurope Network is an association of independent life insurance companies whose co-operation is overseen and managed by a controlling Executive Committee. Set up in the late sixties it has been providing employee benefit services to multinational companies across the world for over 40 years. Today it is represented in over 80 countries world-wide.
The central area of Insurope’s activity is multinational pooling, a concept which links insured employee benefit plans world-wide for multinational companies. In a world where the amounts spent on employee benefits have become very significant, multinational pooling provides a way for multinational companies to reduce these overheads. If the experience of insured plans is favourable important cost reductions can arise. Insurope’s aim is to develop competitive employee benefit arrangements in today’s global environment.
The Network Headquarters,
the Insurope Secretariat, is located in Brussels, Belgium.
- It has four coordinating offices in the USA - New York (Insurope Americas Head Office), Illinois, California and Connecticut.
- In 1995 a UK operation, Insurope UK was established.
- In 1998 an Asia Pacific office was opened in Tokyo which thereafter relocated to Singapore.
- During 2001 an Insurope Nordic Region office was set up in Helsinki.
- Insurope Latin America operations are managed out of the New York office.
- Insurope Canada activities are managed out of the Illinois location and New York.
The Insurope Network is one of the most formidable networks in the multinational field. It has over 200 staff members working in the acquisition and servicing of multinational business - around 40 located within the Central Offices and more than 160 persons based within Insurope Network Partner operations who have full time or partial roles in respect to Insurope related activity.
Insurope has over 600 multinational accounts in force, covering some 6,000 local country plans. Some 45% of the Network's international premium stems from US-based corporations and the other 55% from non-US multinationals.